If you guys have seen my previous Harry Potter post on why I’d love to spend Christmas at Hogwarts (link is here) then you’ll know that I’m quite the fan. Well after literally YEARS of wanting to go I finally visited the Harry Potter Studios in London two days ago! I was so happy it was untrue, to the point where my friends were convinced I’d gone mad with excitement haha! I really wanted to share my experience and some pretty cool photos (I took over 200 of them but I’ll show my favourites) with you because everyone needs to know how cool this place is so if you’re a harry potter lover then keep scrolling! FYI I’ll try not to give away too many spoilers..
We were quite lucky as the weather was pretty nice and it wasn’t packed full of people like we thought it would be because our tour wasn’t till 4pm. We got there an hour early to collect our tickets, get some food at the studio café and take some quick photos before the tour!
They said to us at the beginning that the tour lasts about 3 hours and we were like no way does it last that long? But it genuinely does! We ended up staying 4 hours and decided to stay till closing because why not? There’s so much to see and learn about the film series so you need to make the most of your time so I thought I’d give you some tips to enhance your experience!
- Book in advance – I was lucky to find the last booking for the next week but after that there weren’t any available tours for another couple of weeks so it’s important to book sooner rather than later!
- Arrive in plenty of time – Personally I would say plan to arrive at the studio an hour before your time slot for your tour because it then gives you time to get there especially if you don’t really know where you’re going and while you wait you can pop into the studio shop and the cafe to have some food and drink before you go through; you’ll be surprised how quick time goes!
- Pick up some potter passports – These are completely free and are given to children as a little activity while on the tour with stamps to collect and little quizzes to do. But don’t worry, even if you’re young at heart aka an adult you can still get one, we got asked if we wanted one and was so happy we were actually given ours haha!
- Bring a camera – There’s only so much you can remember from memory and you’re going to see some amazing things.. Proof is proved above from the photos!
- Ask the guides LOADS of questions – These people really do know what they are talking about.. They are the harry potter geniuses who know the ins and outs so don’t be afraid to ask them everything because trust me they’ll know! They were all so nice and helpful to us and we even bugged a couple of them to take some photos of us hehe!
- Try some butterbeer – Yes it is true that butterbeer is an acquired taste but it really isn’t as sweet as I thought it would be! It’s the froth bit that’s quite sweet but the drink in general is pretty nice, I can’t match it with another drink I’ve tried before lol! I’d still bring or buy water because the taste stays with you for a while so if you decide it’s not for you, you’re going to want to wash it down but if you’re a real harry potter fan I hope you do like it because I definitely did!
- Be prepared to be amazed – There were certain parts of the tour that I was not expecting like during the second half of the tour seeing the drawings plans of props, buildings and the different beast and beings. You start to realise how much effort went into it and recognise all the behind-the-scenes people which you wouldn’t have thought of while watching the film!
- You will buy something from the studio shop – Even if it’s a little keyring, you’re going to want to buy a souvenir to bring back with you so try and set a budget of how much you want to spend. You don’t want to bring no money and really wish you did or bring loads of money and go a bit overboard so go for the happy medium option!
Well as you can see I had a magical time and loved every minute of it, even if it meant me being exhausted and going straight to bed when I got home! I REALLY would recommend you going because I can’t express enough times how good it is! So what do you think? What’s your favourite thing about Harry Potter? Also I’m thinking of doing a haul of the things I bought in the studio shop, any thoughts? Let me know in the comments, I’d love to meet more harry potter nerds like me! I’ll see you next time 🙂
ga('create', 'UA-56529776-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');